[Zope] External methods and images

Tony McDonald tony.mcdonald@ncl.ac.uk
Mon, 10 May 1999 15:14:52 +0100

>i think what you're seeing is the by-now-infamous ExternalMethod
>exception-handling bug (tm). ExternalMethod is seeing an exception in some
>part of the external method. in processing that exception, it assumes the
>exception type is a string, which it almost never is. this usually causes a
>second exception in the exception-handling code, which kills the function
>(and produces the traceback you see).
>
>i was able to patch it by replacing line 255 in ExternalMethod.py with:
>
>-----
>                if (type(error_type) is type('')) and (lower(error_type) in
>('redirect',)):
>-----
>
>i know less than nothing about the version control system, or even the bug
>reporting system (please forgive me, i'm only marginally competent with the
>systems we use here in-house) so i haven't made the change above "official"
>in any way. if someone could take care of that, i'd appreciate it.

Ah, that might explain it. Only problem is that I'm using
Zope-1.11.0pr1 and there aren't enough lines in ExternalMethod.py

All I really want to do is pass the name of an image to an external
method which then extracts it from a directory, wraps it up in the
content-type magic and sends it back to me. Does anyone have
something like it working? Any pointers gratefully received.

TIA
Tone
------
Dr Tony McDonald,  FMCC, Networked Learning Environments Project
The Medical School, Newcastle University Tel: +44 191 222 5888
Fingerprint: 3450 876D FA41 B926 D3DD  F8C3 F2D0 C3B9 8B38 18A2