[Zope] Zope under Linux -- duh?

Jimmie Houchin jhouchin@texoma.net
Fri, 14 May 1999 08:58:28 -0500

Hello,

When I was trying to get Zope running on my LinuxPPC machine at home I ran
into the same problem.

The default was Python 1.5.1 is installed/compiled at least on my machine
and rpms is without threads. In order for my Python to have threads I had
to compile it with the --with thread switch. Read the Python source docs
for the exactly how to do it.

On LinuxPPC R4.1 there is no thread.h, Python when compiled with thread
will build in thread support.

Hope this helps.

Jimmie Houchin

At 06:03 AM 5/14/99 +0200, you wrote:
>And with 1.5.1 I still get the thread module error:
>
>tradecenter:/usr/local/zope# Traceback (innermost last):
>  File "/usr/local/zope/ZServer/start.py", line 94, in ?
>    from HTTPServer import zhttp_server, zhttp_handler
>  File "/usr/local/zope/ZServer/HTTPServer.py", line 111, in ?
>
>tradecenter:/usr/local/zope#     import thread
>ImportError: No module named thread
>
>Possibly because my Linux installation doesn't have a thread.h. I don't
>know Linux well enough to say if this is correct. Afaik, the machine is
>running glibc 1.x (libc5), not 2.x, and the Python installation info
>speaks of thread support in glibc 2.x. I don't know.
>
>Alexander Staubo
>http://www.mop.no/~alex/
>mailto:redhand@mop.no

[snip]