[Zope] zope development projects

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Sun, 16 May 1999 00:34:05 -0400

Zope is like any drug, but cheaper. ;)

> this led me to take a step back and wish for a central location that
> would provide information about open zope development projects-
> open in the sense of projects coordinating the work of
> geographically disperse people and open to participation of others.
>
> is there already such a beast? if not, i'll start working on one. i
> envision a site that would have contact info, relatively
> recent status
> info, links to project websites, and perhaps
> discussion/recruiting for
> proposed projects.

Real Soon Now (TM) we will be releasing the second generation of our
home page.  This will include many cool colaborative goodies, including
membership and home pages for community projects (and much, much more).

If you still want to go-crazy-with-the-cheeze-whiz and write your own,
we will be happy to integrate your work into the community site.  One
particualr area where we are lacking at the moment is a "Trove" like
packaging system to manage multiple versions of varous packages and the
meta-data associated with them.  For a glimpse at the trove spec
(written by Eric Raymond et al.) see:

http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/trove

-Michel