[Zope] Zope on Cobalt RaQ servers

Luciano Ramalho luciano@hiper.com.br
Mon, 17 May 1999 21:25:42 -0300

We have Zope 1.10.2 running on a Cobalt Cube 2700WG. It compiled and runs
flawlessly. Our Qube is a first generation machine, with the 150Mhz MIPS
chip and only 16MB of RAM. Zope was a bit slow even for development work
(our team has only three people).

Now we upgraded the Qube RAM to 32MB and it is OK, but not fast. Zope runs
faster on a Pentium running Windows NT with 96MB of RAM, and *much* faster
on the IDG intranet site, where the server is a Pentium II with 192MB of
RAM and NT.

So our limited experience tells us 64MB would be the bare minimum for a low
traffic public web site.

[]s
Luciano