[Zope] permissions

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Tue, 18 May 1999 14:00:05 -0400

Yep.  Everything that starts with manage_ needs that permission, not by
convention, there is hard coding going on.

> If so, that's poorly factored. I can give a Role permission
> to Add things,
> but once it's there, they can't fix it. I suppose it's
> because you don't
> want the Role to be able to change existing objects, just
> one's they've
> added. So, another thing that'll come with Ownership as well, I guess.

Yes, Owners will be given the change things like this in the context of
their local roles (what they own).  I agree that it would be nice to
have factored this out into something you could use other than manager.
It is possible for you to mimic the function in an external method, look
at it's definition in lib/python/OFS/CopySupport.py 'round line 235.

-Michel