[Zope] zope transactions

Jim Fulton jim@digicool.com
Wed, 19 May 1999 09:12:20 -0400

"Jay, Dylan" wrote:

> Would I be right in saying that when zope is executing an external method
> all other requests are blocked? What about sql transactions?

Zope 1.x is single threaded.  Zope 2.0, which will be releases in alpha
later today is multi-threaded.  Note that extension modules that
have operations that take a long time (e.g. database interfaces)
need to take certain measures (releasing Python's global interpreter lock)
to avoid blocking other threads.

> My site seems to be experiencing some long lags in getting a page. Is there
> anyway to improve this?

Zope 2 should help alot.

Jim

repeats.