[Zope] Customizing management screens for different users/roles

Itai Tavor itavor@vic.bigpond.net.au
Thu, 20 May 1999 12:50:32 +0900

Hi,

I need to let users edit parts of a site, and I want to use the management
interface rather than write a 'dumbed down' interface for them. But I don't
want these users to see anything they are not supposed to use or know.

First, I don't want users to be able to access foo/manage, but only
foo/manage_main. But if I add permission to access the management interface
to a user, then foo/manage is accessible.

Second, if a user does not have permission to change security for an
object, I want the Security tab not to appear at all. Also, I don't want
the Help tab to appear. Is it possible to control what <!--#var
manage_tabs--> creates?

Thanks

Itai Tavor
--
Itai Tavor                      -- "Je sautille, donc je suis."    --
itavor@vic.bigpond.net.au       --               - Kermit the Frog --