[Zope] FYI: News from the front, part 2

Paul Everitt Paul@digicool.com
Fri, 21 May 1999 07:27:29 -0400

Day One definately exceeded expectations.

LinuxExpo has about the number of booths that I expected, but the
quality of booths is pretty high.  However, there are probably twice the
number of attendees that I expected.

The good news is that our booth is definately in the top half of
"getting mobbed" booths.  I nearly talked my voice out in the morning
giving presentations at a feverish pace, then Chris nearly lost his in
the afternoon.  The plan was to have enough people at the show to have
half in the booth and half walking around.  Instead, the we've needed
everybody around the booth.

In case I didn't say it yesterday, the portal toolkit demo is awesome!

We started with a nice surprise: copies of the new Linux Magazin with
Zope on the cover!  It is a really well produced magazine.  We
definately feel more credible being associated with something so well
done.

Jon Corbet from LWN came by for a demo and a one-on-one talk.  He also
had a nice surprise: a "Product Review", written by him, about Zope
1.10.2 in a new Linux magazine.

Tom Jenkins and crew dropped by in the afternoon and spent about an hour
with us, I believe.  Saw the demo, then did some behind the scenese
peeking at the code with Brian Lloyd.

The highlight was at the very end, a couple of quite antagonistic folks
came over and started taunting Zope.  One of the guys was a Domino
zealot.  By then end, Jim was writing his application on the spot.  They
left with a grudging kudo.

The Object Domain folks are here, need to get out of the booth and make
some rounds.

Paul Everitt       Digital Creations
paul@digicool.com  540.371.6909
The Open Source Zope application server