[Zope] getting <!-- --> sections to 'render' from an external method...

Pavlos Christoforou pavlos@gaaros.msrc.sunysb.edu
Fri, 21 May 1999 15:53:00 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 21 May 1999, Ross J. Reedstrom wrote:

> Tony McDonald wrote:
>
> > I see what you mean. I don't want to pass a variable to the external
> > method, I want the external method to put a 'wrapper' around the
> > content I send it (in this case HTML) and then pass that back to the
> > Zope system which will then do any further substitutions/acquisitions
> > etc. based upon any DTML that  *may* be returned.

Your external method should return a DTML method and not plain text. If
you do decide to return plain text then the calling DTML should create a
temporary DTML Method to process the output.

for example (untested)

add a DTML method with id 'temporary' in your folder and add
in your external method:

self.temporary.manage_edit(out,'')
where out is the relevant DTML content

then in your calling DTML just render the temporary DTML method like:
<!--# var temporary-->

Hope it works!

Pavlos