[Zope] ZOPE, Medusa and the ZD WebBench 3.0 test suite...

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Mon, 24 May 1999 13:57:56 -0400

Nothing nonsensical about it Pavlos, this is exactly the underhanded,
rediculous types of methods other companies use to benchmark their
products.  In fact, this would probably be the *correct* way of
benchmarking ZServer from a benchmark expert's POV.  After all, to a
person like that, Zope would be the backend and not really germain to
the 'serving' nature of ZServer.

Any other discussion along dynamic content lines goes straight into the
"What is Dynamic?  What is Content?" discussion.  I'm sure ZD net and
everybody else has an answer to that question, and I'm sure each answer
is wildly different, will require a different benchmark, and all system
will perform quite differently between them.  Everybody's looking for
the hard line in a world of soft planes.

I'm also of the opinion that Zope and even other Open Source tools don't
show up on these popular 'unbiased benchmarks' because we don't pay for
advertising in those magazines.  Quite simply, they don't know who we
are because they are quite busy with the people they know and love so
well, the one's who provide their paycheck.  I don't think they are
intentionally *excluding* products like Zope, but I have no doubt that
there is an implicit preference to please the money.  Hey, I please the
money too.

-Michel the comercialy bitter