[Zope] Apache/Zope newbie setup help

Randy Edwards redwards@golgotha.net
Mon, 24 May 1999 20:10:02 -0400

Hi Folks,

   I've been toying with Zope on an NT server machine for a few days and I'm
interested enough to try it on the real server, my Debian GNU/Linux box
running Apache-SSL 1.3.6.4.

   I've read the install and webserver.txt docs but I still don't have the
configuration just right.  I can access Zope alright, and I put the rewrite
rule in and that seems to be working.  What I'm having a problem with is the
access.

   A couple of stupid questions, if you don't mind.  What apache config file
should the <Location...> block be put into; I'm assuming access.conf,
correct?  (And yes, I'm restarting apache to reread the config files (in case
you're wondering).)

   Though I get an authentication prompt, I just get an "Authentication
failed.  Retry?" prompt in Netscape.  In the location block, I have
AuthUserFile pointed at /usr/local/zope/access, which is the edited access
file for my zope install.  Does this sound correct?

   Any tid-bits, smacks with a clue-bat, tips, and pointers to documentation
would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

--
 Regards,                | Windows98 (noun): 32 bit extensions and a
 .                       | graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an 8