[Zope] ANN: Running ZServer as service using srvany

Alexander Staubo alex@mop.no
Tue, 25 May 1999 11:07:16 +0200

I put together something that lets you run ZServer as a service
(permitting Zope to run without needing to log on first) under Windows
NT, until ZServer gets this functionality built in. I'm planning on
writing a service proper, but until that happens there is this little
fix.

"There is a simple way to run ZServer as a service under Windows NT.
Microsoft releases two handy (unsupported) utilities as part of the
Windows NT 4.0 Resource Kit, for the purpose of running non-services as
services, called instsrv.exe and srvany.exe. These utilities can let you
run any program or Python script, not just ZServer, as a service.

To install ZServer as a service, run the included Python script
install.py."

Download at http://www.mop.no/~alex/download/zserver-srvany.zip.

--
Alexander Staubo             http://www.mop.no/~alex/
"Give me an underground laboratory, half a dozen atom smashers and a