[Zope] OT: Help a newbie install Zope 2.0!

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Wed, 26 May 1999 13:10:07 -0400

Ok, this is futher complicated by the fact that you need to compile
Python 1.5.2.  (The RPM may work, but you'll need the devel RPM *and*
the bin RPM will need to support threads.  This was not so in RedHat
5.2, so you either had to compile your own or use the python that came
with Zope).

So get 1.5.2, compile --with-threads and install.  Your on your own
here.

Download 2.0.0a1, untar and unzip.

run 'python1.5.2 wo_pcgi.py'

if it fails at this point it's probably because it couldn't compile the
extensions because 1.5.2 was not installed correctly.  Your on your own.

customize ZServer file 'start.py' (you'll need to read it and grok)

start up ZServer and go with it.

-Michel