[Zope] Newbie: Users and plain content

Craig Allen cba@mediaone.net
Thu, 27 May 1999 22:58:17 -0400

Adrian Esteban Madrid wrote:
> I'm a newbie and still trying to figure out how to have my users produce
> content and maintain an standard look.
>    * The problem is that 99.9% of the users in our departments don't know a
>      thing about HTML but want to publish spreadsheets or word documents they
>      produced. Easy so far, they just save their documents as HTML from Word
>      or Excel and forget about it. The problem is that I want to maintain a
>      standard look and feel through headers, footers and CSS but to do so I
>      need to manually edit each file they upload to Zope. Is there a better
>      way?

I have pasted entire HTML docs including <head> and <body> tags inside documents
that then get 'wrapped' with my Zope standard_html_header and footer.  I can see
it all if I view the source in my browser.

The first set of tags (from standard_html_header) seem to take precedence.  My
browser is Netscape 4.6 Linux; your users are probably not Linux-based, and I
don't know if this is "standard" browser behaviour.  Give it a try.

Craig
--
Craig Allen  - Managing Partner - Mutual Alchemy
Information Architecture - http://alchemy.nu