[Zope] Corrupt database after packing

Jim Fulton jim@digicool.com
Fri, 28 May 1999 09:35:44 -0400

Toby Dickenson wrote:

> Yesterday morning our Zope 1.10.2 was running well, but now refuses to
> start up with the traceback below. The only unusual action in this
> period was packing the database.

For starters, you should still have Data.bbb.old, which is the database before packing.
You should be able to get back up and running with that.

Please send me (in private email) a gzipped tar ball (or Zip file) of your
Data.* files.  I'd like to look into this.

> I can piecing together some details from the traceback and copies of
> my database before and after the pack (using bbb.py to convert to XML)
>   The object with id 5 is Control Panel; this object does not appear
> in the database after the pack. Has packing purged some records that
> it should not have done?

Apparently.  I'd like to see why.  Could an undo have been done after the
pack?

Jim

repeats.