[Zope] Upgrading Zope

Jim Fulton jim@digicool.com
Fri, 28 May 1999 10:08:21 -0400

Petru Paler wrote:

>    It is possible to upgrade a site which uses Zope 2.0a1 to a newer
> version (when it will be released) ?

First, you shouldn't be using 2.0a1 for production use. ;)

> If yes, how ?

Of course.  The way we usually do this is to:

  - Install the new version,

  - Copy products, extensions and the var directory

  - Adjust the PCGI resource file or web server to point to
    the new site.

I suspect that a better way to do this would be to keep the
instance home separate ffrom software home so that copying would
not be be necessary.  In that scenario, you would simply run the
new installation pointing it at your (installation-independent)
software home.

Jim

repeats.