[Zope] ODBC and Zserver problems

Martijn Pieters mj@antraciet.nl
Mon, 31 May 1999 08:58:07 +0200

At 04:34 31/05/99 , Graham Chiu wrote:
>In article <3.0.5.32.19990530105114.00be0110@mail.aracnet.com>, Amos
>Latteier <amos@aracnet.com> writes
> >If you want to make your DNS's available to other users, you need to create
> >them as system DSN's. This is not a ZServer specific issue. When you run a
> >service, it doesn't have the same sort of access to the system as a program
> >you run manually from a batch file.
> >
> >Notice in Control Panels/ODBC that you can choose between "User DSN" and
> >"System DSN". Recreate your DSN as a System DSN, and I bet that all will be
> >well.
>
>I tried this out.  With my ODBC connection set up as System DSN, I can
>then see it when Zserver runs as a service, but I am still unable to
>connect.
>
>I run Zserver as a batch file with the same settings, and no problems.

What database are you connecting too? Could it be that the security of the
database doesn't allow the system account (the account all services
normally start up as) to access the database? If it is an Access database,
make sure the database isn't opened by any other process, for example. This
could cause problems.

--
Martijn Pieters, Web Developer