[Zope] Object creation time

Martijn Pieters mj@antraciet.nl
Mon, 31 May 1999 09:11:46 +0200

At 05:31 31/05/99 , Jay, Dylan wrote:
>I'm trying to get the date an object was created (rather than its
>modification time). What method is this?

I haven't been able to find any method or property that tells you this. The
only way you can ever hope to find out is by overriding the creation
process, and adding the creation date with your own code.

If you add objects through your own web interface, it should be quite
simple really, but if you allow objects to be created through the default
web interface, it wil be a lot harder to do, and also will require
modifying the Zope source code.

--
Martijn Pieters, Web Developer