[Zope] [Zope]Compiling ZOracleDA?

martin.sonntag@nokia.com martin.sonntag@nokia.com
Mon, 31 May 1999 13:02:05 +0300

> Maybe you're not explicitly linking against 'libm', the standard math
> library; it defines that log10l function; so your linker
> flags should read
> something like this:
> 	... ..../libcore3.a -lm

My standard libm.a (Solaris 2.7) does _not_ define this symbol.
But I was on the right way...

I did another brute-force 'nm' on all libraries and found
out that the SUNWspro compiler seems to use a different
math library, libsunmath.a.
Since I was compiling with gcc, the library wasn't used at all.

Now I added -L/applic/opt/V3_N2/SUNWspro/SC3.0.1/lib -lsunmath
to the Makefile and it works!
(Your SUNWspro compiler directory may be in /opt/SUNWspro/lib)

I hope this helps other people compiling the stuff.

Martin