[Zope] ZServer header and Netscape borwser

Geir B Hansen geirh@funcom.com
Mon, 1 Nov 1999 09:12:39 +0100

> Hi,
>
> I installed Zope 2.0.1 for Linux RH 5.2 with python 1.5.2.  Everything
> works good, however when I visit the site with Netscape Communicator
> 4.61. I get to see the HTML source code instead of the page.  I
telneted
> to port 8080 and grabbed the output and the ZServer is sending
and
> displays the page correctly.  Any pointers to what I am missing or
> where should I read further more, will be appretiated.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Adonis

I noticed the same thing some time ago..
Seems like Zope delivers the pages as html/text if they start with
<HTML>, but uses application/octet-stream when they start with a DTD
 like
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/loose.dtd"> ) ..
I am not entirely happy with this, as the standard requires me to have a
DTD, but i have found no other solution than to avoid it alltogether,
atleast while i am still in a development phase..
If anyone knows of a solution that allows me to keep the DTD, i'd be
happy to hear about it...

          Geir B Hansen
      geirh@funcom.com
Web-designer / Graphic artist