[Zope] Altering product instance changes all instances!

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Mon, 01 Nov 1999 12:38:43 -0500

Michel Pelletier wrote:

> This is, I think, one of the big problems with why ZClasses are somewhat
> 'weak' (this is probably not the right word)... because they are
> designed 'thru the web' they must be constrained under the usual Zope
> secuirty concepts.  This means, unfortunatly, that you are restricted
> then in what your class methods can do to the class unless you provide
> the hooks in Python to do the meaty stuff, like assign instance
> attribute (or call methods that begin with '_', etc.).

I just re-read this and realized that instances do have attributes of a
sort, properties of property sheets.  Perhaps it would be easier to
extend properties to be able to handle an image property.

-Michel