[Zope] REQUEST is too crowded

Itamar Shtull-Trauring itamars@ibm.net
Tue, 02 Nov 1999 19:20:27 +0200

I'm refering to a ZCatalog using a variable zcatalog which contains the name
of the Zcatalog:

<dtml-in "_.getitem(zcatalog, 1)">
	<dtml-call "REQUEST.set('newurl', '/' + getpath(data_record_id_))">
</dtml-in>

So I need to pass the search parameters via REQUEST.  Unfortanutely, REQUEST
already has all kinds of variables set in it because this is a rather
involved procedure, and these variables may affect the search results.

I need to pass the search terms to the Zcatalog somehow, or make a empty
REQUEST variable - any ideas how?  I can only call the Zcatalog using
_.geitem or the like.

--
Itamar - itamars@ibm.net