[Zope] RE: FW: [Zope-dev] pam authentication support with PyPam

Evan Simpson evan@tokenexchange.com
Tue, 2 Nov 1999 13:48:24 -0600

From what I've seen in the source, this:

Alexander Staubo <alex@mop.no> wrote:
> Another angle could be a user database object. Each user database would
> be essentially be a folder containing one or more multiple user folders,
> and would simply iterate through its children to authenticate a user.

is probably the least painful way to accomplish this goal.  Right now, for
example, you could create a folder 'userdbs' containing each user folder in
a sub-folder.  There would be user folders at 'userdbs/udb1/acl_users',
'userdbs/udb2/acl_users', etc.  Then you can force each request to pass
through 'userdbs/udb1/udb2/...' when it passes through the folder containing
'userdbs', and the user folders will be checked for authentication (in
reverse order).

Evan @ 4-am