[Zope] pcgi,zope,apache

Martijn Pieters mj@antraciet.nl
Wed, 03 Nov 1999 09:03:54 +0100

At 03:28 03/11/99 , alan runyan wrote:
>ok.  i am trying to get apache to work w/ zope.
>with lots of help from #irc I've gotten it this
>far.. and I couldnt find any info in the mailing
>list about this.
>
>my whole site is zope and I am using apache.
>my rewrite rule comes out to be:
>
>RewriteEngine on
>RewriteLog /var/log/httpd-rewrite.log
>RewriteLogLevel 9
>RewriteCond %{HTTP:Authorization}  ^(.*)
>RewriteRule ^(.*)
>/usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/Zope.cgi/$1 \
>[e=HTTP_CGI_AUTHORIZATION:%1,t=application/x-httpd-cgi,l]
>
>the last line, of course is on one line (\ is not
>really there just signifying where following line
>should start).

The slashes are significant. Just think what you are doing:

   You match all URLs, so including the starting slash: /something

   You then paste this behind Zope.cgi/: Zope.cgi//something

Remove the slash in between Zope.cgi and the $1:

   /usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/Zope.cgi$1
   [e=HTTP_CGI_AUTHORIZATION:%1,t=application/x-httpd-cgi,l]

And make sure the above is all on one line. This works, I use this for my
own site (running behind Apache 1.3.9).

This information can also be found in HowTo's at Zope.org and in dozens of
threads on this mailinglist, BTW.

--
Martijn Pieters, Web Developer