[Zope] Java Port

Jay, Dylan djay@lucent.com
Thu, 4 Nov 1999 09:57:27 +1100

<-- cut many good reasons why a JZope is hard -->

> I thought the idea was pretty cool myself a while back, until
> I started
> thinking about what it would actually take.  IMHO, it's too
> much work just
> to get one extra buzzword added to Zope's already extensive
> collection of
> them.  :)

Ok but what about a Java servlet product. Leveging off existing servlet code
seems to be of a reasonable amount of use even if you can't run your Zope
server on your microwave :)
Such a product would marshal the passed in parameters to some long running
servlet server and do the same for the results. The same could be done for
cgi scripts as well.