[Zope] [ANN] ZpdfDocument-0-0-1

Pavlos Christoforou pavlos@gaaros.msrc.sunysb.edu
Thu, 4 Nov 1999 12:02:42 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 4 Nov 1999, Oscar Picasso wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I tried and found it very interesting. However I would like the following
> features: ability to store the generated PDF in the Zope database, support
> for more HTML tags.
>
> Do you thing it is difficult to implement? If it is not very difficult, as
> I am not a real good coder, I could try to do it.

Storing the generated PDF in ZODB is a straight forward
modification. However every change to either the style elements or the
content will create a new PDF document and store it in the ZODB.
Frequently modified ZpdfDocuments, especially if they are large will cause
unneccessary increase of the ZODB. But assuming we add this as an option,
where should the PDF doc be added? As a File subobject to the
ZpdfDocument? What do you think?

Additional tags can be easily added. The underlying pdflib.py is quite
flexible. However if you are thinking about tables then it might be a bit
more difficult because of the many parameters that define a table layout.
Which tags did you have in mind?

Pavlos