[Zope] Oracle access from Zope

Németh Miklós nemeth@iqsoft.hu
Sat, 06 Nov 1999 11:40:33 +0100

I am evaluating Zope, and I would like to know if there is a Zope
database driver for Oracle?
Is there a documentation about the services of this driver?
Recently, I have been evaluating several Oracle database access
interface modules for Perl, Tcl, Python, and found an interesting thing:

none of these modules support calling PL/SQL procedures having array
arguments (I do not speak of records or array of records because even
OCI does not support record arguments). What about the Zope - Oracle
module?
It is very important in our case, because in our application
array-argumented PL/SQL procedures are heavily used for efficiency
reasons (they are really quite fast).

Miklos Nemeth
IQSOFT