[Zope] Zope and Roxen - small byte limit on CGI?

Tony McDonald tony.mcdonald@ncl.ac.uk
Sun, 07 Nov 1999 16:08:12 +0000

Hi all,
After following Magnus' (http://www.zope.org/Members/magnus/Roxen) and
Bills' (http://www.zope.org/Members/Bill/Documentation/RoxenZope) excellent
HowTos on getting the Roxen server up and running with Zope, I've run into a
little 'snag'.

It seems that my Zope.cgi is only returning the first (small number) of
bytes or so of CGI on pages where there are Roxen tags!

On pages such as QuickStart I can have as much output as I like. Once I add
a Roxen tag, things go awry.

Some of the numbers that pop up are 352, 1301 and 2700 bytes.

Is anyone else seeing this behaviour?

This is Zope2.01 Solaris 5.6 and Roxen roxen_1.3.121 binary distn.

I see Zope and Roxen as being a *very* interesting combination, eg Zope
looking after fine grained authentication as well as management of users and
content, whilst Roxen provides features that Apache can't get close to. The
dynamic configuration of servers in Roxen (formerly Spinner) makes Apache
look very pale.
Tone