[Zope] Exception ThreadLock.error: 'release unlocked lock'

Martijn Pieters mj@antraciet.nl
Tue, 09 Nov 1999 11:17:43 +0100

At 01:37 09/11/99 , Evan Gibson wrote:
>On Tue, Nov 09, 1999 at 01:53:28AM +0200, Teemu Yli-Elsilä wrote:
> > Exception ThreadLock.error: 'release unlocked lock' in <method
> > Transaction.__del__ of Transaction instance at 8529f20> ignored
> > Exception ThreadLock.error: 'release unlocked lock' in <method
> > Transaction.__del__ of Transaction instance at 8539ed0> ignored
> > Exception ThreadLock.error: 'release unlocked lock' in <method
> > Transaction.__del__ of Transaction instance at 850eb68> ignored
>
>I get this all the time too, but since everything else seemed to be working
>I hadn't got around to looking at it yet.
>
>Has anyone who's seen this worked out what's happening?

I had never seen this until a customer of ours sent the exact same error
messages to me yesterday. Everything works fine, except for that. I was
planning to look deeper into the cause of this today.

They occur when one method calls a Z SQL Method (to insert a row into a
PostgreSQL DB), and sends an email using a MailHost object.

The log states:

NOTICE: UserAbortTransactionBlock and not in in-progress state
Exception ThreadLock.error: 'release unlocked lock' in <method
Transaction.__del__ of Transaction instance at 84db300> ignored
NOTICE: UserAbortTransactionBlock and not in in-progress state
Exception ThreadLock.error: 'release unlocked lock' in <method
Transaction.__del__ of Transaction instance at 84fc168> ignored
NOTICE: UserAbortTransactionBlock and not in in-progress state
Exception ThreadLock.error: 'release unlocked lock' in <method
Transaction.__del__ of Transaction instance at 8530350> ignored

The customer also reports that an extra thread appears.. (? He says there
is an extra z2.py, but as he runs Linux, that's probably an extra thread).

Although apparently not harmful, I do suspect that eventually the process
will run out of threads.

--
Martijn Pieters, Web Developer