[Zope] Strange cookie 'feature'

Duncan Booth duncan@rcp.co.uk
Tue, 9 Nov 1999 13:29:16 +0000

I have no idea whether this is what is supposed to happen, but I just
found a strange interaction between Zope and Netscape Enterprise
Server.

I have a Zope server which is accessible either directly, or via a
Netscape Server and PCGI.
What I was doing was to set a cookie and then do a
RESPONSE.redirect(...) call. If accessing Zope directly this works
as I expected, i.e. the redirected page found it had the cookie
available and customised its output accordingly. But, when
accessed through PCGI, the cookie was never set.

I think what was happening was that the Netscape server was
interpreting the redirect itself so the client never saw the cookie it
only saw the redirected page.
I fixed it by removing the redirect, using dtml-return instead.

--
Duncan Booth                                             duncan@dales.rmplc.co.uk
http://dales.rmplc.co.uk/Duncan