[Zope] Help! UNDO bug...

Sachin Shah sachin@rescomp.berkeley.edu
Tue, 09 Nov 1999 17:35:00 -0800

You'll like this one:

So when I SAVED my VERSION, I typed in a series of comments in the provided
text box. Part of my commentary included the "<TITLE>" tag. Well apparently
zope (or rather my browser) doesn't like it when you include random tags.
Now when I click on the UNDO tab, instead of providing me with a listing,
it (IE5 *and* NS4.7) prints the first 2-3 lines and then ... nothingness.

This baffled me for quite some time until I copy-pasted the UNDO html to a
separate document, and started to eliminate entries... until I narrowed it
down to the culprit <TITLE> tag.

Now I don't know if this is a BUG or a FEATURE. If it is a feature (in the
sense that it will process any HTML) it is a fairly annoying one. That's
not my concern though...I have learned my lesson. My concern is: *how do I
edit the UNDO database and edit that entry to remove the <TITLE> tag???
Cause until then, I can't access any of my undo information!

Sachin

(Thanks to all that replied to the list and to me personally regarding
"Tracking Mailing Lists with Zope" post.)