[Zope] Summary of DB Discussion

Jeff Rush Jeff Rush" <jrush@timecastle.net
Wed, 10 Nov 99 06:13:29 -0500

On Tue, 9 Nov 1999 18:31:19 -0600, Karl Fast wrote:

>I thought it might be worthwhile to sum up the various points about
>databases and zope and linux that were made today. Please correct any
>mistakes and provide any comments you have.
>
> - There is an ODBC DA, but it works only on Windows because there isn't a
>   good ODBC implementation on Linux. This isn't Zope's fault.

I keep hearing this but don't understand the overlooking of Solid.  The
ZODBCDA recompiled w/o changes for the Solid SQL DB under Linux.
Solid isn't free or even cheap, and many disagree with their radical
shift in marketing this past year (small developers -> big $$$ developers)
but it does exist and it is ODBC compliant.  Their manuals are a defacto
ODBC reference work.

-Jeff Rush