[Zope] Can't use MailHost from inside of standard_error_message?

Andrew Wilcox circle@gwi.net
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 12:08:15 -0500

Hi, I've been working on customizing standard_error_message to send me
email when an error occurs.

I setup a MailHost, which I called "MailHost" :-) in the root Zope folder.

This code works fine from a regular DHTL document:

<dtml-sendmail mailhost="MailHost">
To: Andrew Wilcox <circle@gwi.net>
From: Zope Service <circle@gwi.net>
Subject: ***Error

An error occured.
</dtml-sendmail>

However, when I tried it in standard_error_message, it didn't work.  (What
I got was the standard Zope error screen, instead of my modifications).

I was able to get to work by using the smtphost attribute instead:

<dtml-sendmail smtphost="mail.myisp.com">
To: Andrew Wilcox <circle@gwi.net>

However, I was curious why it couldn't find my MailHost from inside the
error routine.

Thanks!

Andrew