[Zope] Summary of DB Discussion

Andrew M. Kuchling akuchlin@mems-exchange.org
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 15:14:50 -0500 (EST)

Phillip J. Eby writes:
>At 06:31 PM 11/9/99 -0600, Karl Fast wrote:
>Could anyone point out where the "real soon now" is on the site?  Every
>time I've ever looked at the site it has said that they have no plans to
>implement fully ACID transactions, ever.

David Axmark, one of the MySQL developers, was at the recent Linux
conference in Montreal, and in the paper in the proceedings, it's
mentioned that transaction support is on the TODO list.  (I think it
might not be full transactions, though; I don't have the paper here,
but I think there were some simplifications.  Will check...)

    "Jane? Jane, are you... Oh my God."
    "There is no God. I killed him."
    -- Cliff Steele meets Black Annis in DOOM PATROL #21.