[Zope] DTML Syntax contd. + rant

Evan Simpson evan@4-am.com
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 04:04:59 +0000

Bruce Elrick wrote:

> And then looked at the three files.  I also used 'nm' in a simlary fashion on
> the .so files. I can't for the life of me figure out how the sequence-XXX
> variable are defined.  The DT_In.py file certainly documents the variables,
> but I can't figure out how they are implemented.  Maybe my lack of
> understanding of Python is the problem.

DT_InSV.py defines 'sequence-item' and all of its dynamic friends and relatives
(the ones which care about the current position within the sequence).  The more
static variants such as 'sequence-step-size' live in DT_In.py; each place in that
file where you see "kw['sequence-something']=", one of these variables is being
stuffed into the namespace.

Cheers,

Evan @ 4-am