[Zope] DTML Syntax contd. + rant

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 16:11:43 -0500

Don Porter wrote:

> While I'm on the soapbox, another thing about Zope which irks me is
> its gratuitous inconsistencies.  I can't apply what I learn in one
> part of Zope to another part.  In Folders, I can use "objectValues"
> to get a list of the objects contained in the folder.  When I want
> to iterate over the Users in a User Folder, though, "objectValues"
> doesn't work.  You have to go searching through the ZQR to see that
> you must use "getUserNames" instead.  What's up with that?

User Folders aren't Object Managers, so they don't contain any of the
same object manager code as other foldoids.

Having User Folders look vaguely like and be named like other folders is
just a simple error.  Inconsistent, you are correct.  But it's just a
naming issue, they should have been called something else.

-Michel