[Zope] ANNOUNCE: Digital Creations and Sybase press release

Paul Everitt paul@digicool.com
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 06:52:47 -0500

Howdy folks.  At long last I can talk publicly about this:

  http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/991111/va_digital_1.html
  -or-
  http://www.digicool.com/News/Sybase

"Digital Creations, creator of Zope and the leader in Open Source web
development, announced today that database management giant Sybase is
giving support for the Zope web development platform. The partnership
will allow Digital Creations to further integrate the Zope platform
and Sybase, enabling Sybase users to leverage the power of the Linux
operating system in conjunction with the Internet. The combination of
these two powerful platforms will enable companies who are moving to
Linux to dynamically manage their enterprise data and create world-
class applications."

Getting a quote out of an important person at Sybase is a Good Thing,
not to mention the fact that Sybase co-funded the development of the
database adapter.  This press release helps legitimize Zope, as
everybody has heard of Sybase.

This begs the question: when are we going to make the rewritten adapter
available?  Answer: within a week.

I'd like to thank David Bloom at i-Gift for making this happen!

--Paul