[Zope] Help needed for a s(i|a)mple site

flight@mathi.uni-heidelberg.de flight@mathi.uni-heidelberg.de
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 16:55:13 +0100

On Fri, Nov 12, 1999 at 10:17:43AM -0500, Mike Pelletier wrote:
> <flight@mathi.uni-heidelberg.de> wrote:
> > But without ZClasses, I wouldn't be able to customize the user experience
> > for content editors the way you did in Zope.org, would I ?
>
>     I don't understand what you say here.  What is meant by "customize the
> [content managers's] experience"?  Members still see the standard Folder
> management interface, and 'flat' content is still mostly done with DTML
> Methods and Documents.  Things like News Items, Links, etc, which we want to
> have additional behaviour are ZClasses.

Uuups, I see. Zope.org's member interface looks so clean only since there
are only one or two products installed. I'm used to my menu with dozens of
products, and that's not exactly what I wanted every user to be confronted
with. Now imagine you'd install a few more products to Zope org. All of
them would be listed in the member's user interface, too. If you would
run multiple Zope instances on one machine, each instance would list all
products that any single instance makes use of.

But okay, Zope user interface, that's a different story. I got your point here.

    Gregor