[Zope] Re: [Zope-dev] Zope-beta failure on OSF/Alpha

Jeff Rush Jeff Rush" <jrush@timecastle.net
Fri, 12 Nov 99 19:23:37 -0500

On Thu, 11 Nov 1999 18:04:08 +0100, Gilles lavaux wrote:

>-Jeff Rush wrote:
>>
>> The reason I ask is that I created the RPMs and Red Hat then tested
>> them on all of their platforms and reported that it works on all.  Now
>> I'm wondering whether their testing was extensive enough and
>> they really don't work on an alpha.

>I compiled the Zope2 from source myself, I also have compiled the new
>python(1.5.2).
>
>I didn't know that Red-hat has a RPM for the version 2 of Zope, where is
>it??

For the Intel platform or to get the source RPM, go to:
   http://starship.python.net/crew/jrush/Zope/

or you can find it via the 'rpmfind' tool that searches the RDF network.

>Anyway I think that it can not works directly out of the Red-hat instalation
>because of the fact that pyhton with red-hat 6.0 is version 1.5.10 whithout
>thread. So you have to recompile or reinstall python.

It works under Red Hat 6.1 and in fact, ships on the Power Tools CDROM
that comes with that release.  Red Hat 6.1 ships Python 1.5.2 w/threads.

-Jeff Rush