[Zope] Handling bad URLs

Clarence Gardner clarence@netlojix.com
Sun, 14 Nov 1999 09:07:38 -0800 (PST)

(A.S. I actually kludged up a fix to my problem in the Zope code, but
      I think it's an interesting question anyway.
)

Well, I did bad :(  I sent out a mailing to a large membership list
asking them to visit my Zope site.  The URL was of the form
  /a/b?id=98723
where the id number is different for each person and opaquely identifies
their record in the database.

My problem is that I had a typo in the message, and the URL I actually
sent was
  /a/b/id=98723

Now everyone who visits gets a 'Resource not found' error, unsurprisingly,
and sadly, since the URLs are all unique, I can't put in a page telling
them how to correct it.

Is there any concept of an ErrorDocument or something that I could
use to trap all these visits?

Thanks again

Clarence Gardner
Software Engineer
NetLojix Communications, Inc.    NASDAQ:NETX
clarence@netlojix.com