[Zope] Zope Init script?

Jochen Haeberle listen@MIDRAS.de
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 00:21:02 +0100

Hi Pavlos,

thanks for sending your script!

It seems to me that you have a script etc/rc.d/init.d/functions (path
from whereever your zope script
is located) that carris such interesting functions like deamon or
status... at least my system does not
offer those commands.

What system are you using this on? Linux? What distribution?

 From your script, the start script and z2.py I learned that it is the
line starting with "-D" that prevents Zope from forking.
If you issue a python z2.py -h you get the help text and it tells you
that -D starts Zope in a debug-mode preventing it
from forking from the terminal.
If you delete the -D line in the start script and the trailing "\" in
the line before, you can use start from your scripts.
Just issuing start will use the built in config-values. You can
overwrite them like shown in the mail from Pavlos (copied below) in
the
start_zope script.
Again, python z2.py -h tells you more about the options.

Regards

Jochen