[Zope] Startup problems - Help

RICHARD PAUL COOPER rpc7@aber.ac.uk
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 18:47:23 +0000

First off the first problem that I had was that when I tried to start the
zope server nothing at all would happen, after looking at the
/etc/rc.d/init.d/zope file I found that it was using the deamon command to
load the server, I don't have such a command installed for some reason
(Mandrake-Linux 6) so I removed the daemon command and simply started the
server plainly.  Does this make any sense at all?

Now when trying to start the zope server I get the following error:

File "z2.py", line 376, in ?
    exec "import "+MODULE in {}
  File "<string>", line 1, in ?
  File "/usr/share/zope/lib/python/Zope/__init__.py", line 95, in ?
    import Globals, OFS.Application, sys
  File "/usr/share/zope/lib/python/Globals.py", line 91, in ?
    import TreeDisplay, string
  File "/usr/share/zope/lib/python/TreeDisplay/__init__.py", line 86, in ?
    import TreeTag
  File "/usr/share/zope/lib/python/TreeDisplay/TreeTag.py", line 95, in ?
    from zlib import compress, decompress
ImportError: No module named zlib

This seems to tell me that I have the Python module zlib missing, however I
have Python-1.5.2-2 installed so everything should work, right?  I would
appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance.

Paul Cooper - rpc7@aber.ac.uk
"I can't think of a clever, intelligent or humorous
sig - guess that means I'll just have to steal one."