[Zope] RE: Zope digest, Vol 1 #507 - 71 msgs

Dan Pierson dan@remote.control.com
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 16:18:39 -0500

> From: Jochen Haeberle <listen@MIDRAS.de>
> Subject: Re: [Zope] Zope Init script?
>
> At 14:22 Uhr -0700 12.11.1999, Adrian Esteban Madrid wrote:
> >Does anybody have an init script that will work with
> Zope.2.0.1.src? I'm
> >a Linux starter and for the light of my heart I can't get
> Zope to start
> >automatically.
>
> Hi,
>
> I have the same problem. Although the "start" script is there and
> works all right,
> it is by no mean a way for the Sys V Init...
>
> Did you get a solution to your problem, yet?
>
> Anyone else out there who could help us???
>
> Jochen

Here's what I'm using currently:

#!/bin/sh
#
# Startup script for the Zope ZServer
#
# chkconfig: 345 85 15
#	       it supports HTTP, FTP and Medusa monitoring connections.
# processname: /home/zope/bin/python /home/zope/z2.py
# pidfile: /home/zope/var/Z2.pid
# lockfile: /home/zope/var/Data.fs.lock

# Source function library.
. /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions

# See how we were called.
case "$1" in
  start)
	echo -n "Starting zserver: "
	/home/zope/start
	echo
	# Lockfile maintained by start script
	# touch /var/lock/subsys/httpd
	;;
  stop)
	echo -n "Shutting down http: "
	/home/zope/stop
	echo
	;;
  status)
	status /home/zope/bin/python
	;;
  restart)
	$0 stop
	$0 start
	;;
  reload)
	echo -n "Reloading zserver by restarting it: "
	$0 stop
	$0 start
	echo
	;;
  *)
	echo "Usage: $0 {start|stop|restart|reload|status}"
	exit 1
esac

exit 0