[Zope] user db cookie auth question

Sam Gendler sgendler@teknolojix.com
Wed, 17 Nov 1999 14:18:23 -0800

I have a modified userDb handling authentication on a site.  When I
create an object that requires authentication, and then attempt to
access it, I get the docLogin page, as expected, although it always has
an exception traceback at the bottom, which is vern annoying and I can't
figure out how to get rid of it.  However, that isn't my question.  If
I attempt to access an object that includes the authenticated object, a
standard 'forbidden' exception gets raised, resulting in an
authentication dialog, which fails to work, since the user db isn't
looking for that.  How can I get zope to raise the correct error,
depending upon how the object is supposed to be authenticated (normal
folder vs cookie auth user db).

Please cc 805-689-1191@mobile.att.net with your response, so I will know
to check my email.

Thanks.