[Zope] url_quote is trashing my URL, Help

Willie Peloquin wpeloqui@ismi.net
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 21:18:17 -0600

Hi,
I am trying to call mapquest maps. If I don't use url_quote to format my
string, I loose the spaces and I don't get the correct map. When I use
url_quote it converts everything, including the '&' character. It produces
the following string:
http://www.mapquest.com/cgi-bin/ia_free%3fwidth%3d400%26height%3d300%26stree
taddress%3d3850%20Pecan%20Lane%20%26city%3dLas%20Vegas%26state%3dNV

This url fails to bring up a page at all, at least the one with spaces sort
of worked. What is the problem?
I tried to use translate() to convert all the spaces to %20, but I cannot
determine how to use the translate function.

Thanks for any help,

Willie

Willie Peloquin
Senior Software Engineer - Contract
http://www.ismi.net/~wpeloqui

"It is unwise to stray from the obvious and simple."