[Zope] some help needed..

Rik Hoekstra hoekstra@fsw.LeidenUniv.nl
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 13:08:06 +0100

> Hi all.
>
> Does anyone know how to bind Zope to port 80? I mean, is it possible
> to do it straight trough zope or do I have to do it some other way..?

As zope starts with a start script (which is called something like start,
but depends on the platform), you should change that. You can change the
webport binding to port 80 by starting up zope with a -w 80 option, which
you should change in the start script. (the start script is in the zope root
directory)

Alternatively you can change a file called z2.py in your zope distribution
(it is also in zope root). z2.py is executed by the startup script. z2.py is
heavily commented, so you should be able to figure out what to change. THe
different startup options will also show if z2.py is run with from the
commandline with a -h argument (python z2.py -h)

One more caveat, though: on Unix you have to have special privileges (I'm
not an active unix user, so I forgot which, probably root) to bind a http
port under 1024.

Rik