[Zope] Strange Image Behavior

rgines@purina.com rgines@purina.com
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 16:07:48 -0600

This is really strange.   If someone can help me sort out if this is a bug
of a stupid user trick I would appreciate it.

There's the deal

Created a directory called 'Images'

Created 'Logo' as an Image.   Imported 'PictureA'

From the root, edited Index_html to pull up 'Logo'.

Images pulled properly, but looks crappy.

Upload 'PictureB' to 'Logo'

Reloaded root Index_html ...  hmmm 'PictureA' shows up ...huh?

Recheck 'Logo', looks okay.   'View' from within 'Logo', 'PictureB' looks
great.

Mabey another resource called 'Logo'?  Yep. ... in another path ...
shouldn't get picked up on, but for testing renamed to 'LogoOld'

Retested root Index_html .... 'PictureA' still shows up.

Recheck code in Index_html ... change 'Logo' call to

     <dtml-with Images>
       <dtml-var Logo>
     </dtml-with>

Retest Index-html.   'PictureA' still shows up.

Rename Logo to LogoOld

Create a new Logo with 'PictureB'

'View' picture from within new Logo.   Looks good.

Retest index_html ... 'PictureA' still showing up.

Pick up computer pieces off floow after knocking table leg out from under
PC. ... rebuild computer before resuming tests on said computer ....
hmmm... same problem.

Assume browser chache is causing the problem.   Stop/restart browser,
retest main page.   Hello 'PictureA'

Take deep breath.

In images, create 'Logo2' with 'PictureB'.  Test .. okay

Change root Index_html to call Logo2.

     HEY IT WORKS!!!!!

Changed back to Logo.   STILL wrong picture in Index_html.

Nuked Logo and LogoOld.   Index_html should not work ... good it didn't.

Recreated Logo from scratch.

View test works great

Retried Index_html STILL WRONG PICTURE!!!!

Just tossed computer from 32nd floor, I'm sure it wont take long for the
cable to th