[Zope] Re: passing variables from one DTML method to another ...

Jim Sanford jsanford@atinucleus.com
Sun, 21 Nov 1999 08:29:58 -0600

Yes, do not rely on this method for security. The html page could be saved
by user, modified in a text editor, reopened in browser and submitted.

I store that kind of stuff in a backend DB (PostGreSQL or VFP via ODBC) for
each user and do a wrapper call to a ZSQL method for the users info around
other calls to data and actions.

The Session product may also be helpful here (have not yet tried it but is
on my list)

              Jim Sanford
      .       Database Engineer
     / \  /   Accelerated Technology, Inc.
    /   /     720 Oak Circle Drive East
   /  /  \    Mobile, AL 36609
  / /     \   Voice: 334-661-5770  fax: 334-661-5788
 /         \  E-Mail: jsanford@atinucleus.com
              Web: http://www.atinucleus.com

 Source Code, No Royalties, Any CPU...It just make sense !