[Zope] Question for those who have used Oracle/Zope : which OS worksbest ? best ?

Bruno Mattarollo brunomadv@ciudad.com.ar
Sun, 21 Nov 1999 20:30:13 -0300

Hello.

    You could use Linux or Solaris Sparc. There are Oracle Clients for both
platforms. It depends then on your budget. We are using Sun UltraSparc
machines (Netra t1's and Ultra5) as Zope servers and another big Sun
UltraEnterprise class machine to host the Oracle database. We are having
some strange behavior on the DCOracle adapter (I presume) but it's surely
due to the fact that we are using Oracle8i and the Net8 libs are somewhat
different to the Oracle8 libs. We are not using LOB records in this project
but I have read about them been not supported, but anyway, I am not really
sure about this.

    So, resuming, it depends on your budget and of course the scalabilty you
need. If you expect lots of hits you should even consider to look at ZEO.

    Just my 0.02 cents.

/B

Bruno Mattarollo <brunomadv@ciudad.com.ar>
--- Python Powered <http://www.python.org/psa/>