[Zope] Where's Data from Instances/Installations???

Ethan Fremen mindlace@majordomo.net
Mon, 22 Nov 1999 17:46:04 +0000

Michel Pelletier wrote:
> > on 11/22/1999 7:46 AM, Michel Pelletier at michel@digicool.com wrote:
> >
> > > Yes, just restart Zope to get the changes.
> >
> > Thanks, but I was also wondering:
> >
> > "My question, though, is **WHERE** is the data for EXISTING
> > instances kept, and is it changeable?"
>
> The data for existing instances is kept in memory.

I think harry is, in this case, talking about changing an instantiation
of Squishdot, for example.  The files and images of a given
instantiation are all within the ZODB, and you can access them using the
standard management interface.  If you create a Squishdot instance "with
all the bells and whistles", there are a series of articles that walk
you through what you need to do to change the look.
--
Ethan "mindlace" Fremen
you cannot abdicate responsibility